People make mistakes in life through believing too much, but they have a damned dull time if they believe too little.
For the dead should not look at the living—nor the living too long upon the dead.
All you can do is make a piece of product, sell it on its own terms, stand behind it and hope that people will go see it. If you try to be like something else or appeal to any given group, then you can very easily end up being gratuitous and imitative. There’s not much to be gained by that and I think too much time is spent going around trying to be like someone else.
I am the common man. I am the common man. And the common man is me. When you start thinking you’re great, when you start thinking you’re bigger and better than anybody else, that’s when your integrity falls by the wayside. I find that offensive. I find it repulsive when people think they’re bigger and better than the truth.
…listen with my eyes and not my ears…lips and tongues lie. But actions never do. No matter what words are spoken, actions betray the truth of everyone’s heart.
1) If you’re afraid to fight, then you’ll never win.
2) In times of tragedy and turmoil, you’ll learn who your true friends are. Treasure them because they are few and far between.
3) Know your enemies, and never become your own worst one.
4) Be grateful for those enemies. They will keep you honest and ever striving to better yourself.
5) Listen to all good advice, but never substitute someone else’s judgment for your own.
6) All men and women lie. But never lie to yourself.
7) Many will flatter you. Befriend the ones who don’t, for they will remind you that you’re human and not infallible.
8) Never fear the truth. It’s the lies that will destroy you.
9) Your worst decisions will always be those that are made out of fear. Think all matters through with a clear head.
10) Your mistakes won’t define you, but your memories, good and bad, will.
11) Be grateful for your mistakes as they will tell you who and what you’re not.
12) Don’t be afraid to examine the past, it’s how you learn what you don’t want to do again.
13) There’s a lot to be said for not knowing better.
14) All men die. Not everyone lives.
15) On your deathbed, your greatest regrets will be what you didn’t do.
16) Don’t be afraid to love. Yes, it’s a weakness that can be used against you. But it’s also a source of the greatest strength you will every know.
17) The past is history written in stone that can’t be altered. The future is transitory and never guaranteed. Today is the only thing you can change for certain. Have the courage to do so and make the most of it because it could be all you’ll ever have.
18) You can be in a crowd, surrounded by people, and still be lonely.
19) Love all, regardless of what they do. Trust only those you have to. Harm none until they harm you.
20) Never be afraid to kill or destroy your enemies. They won’t hesitate to kill or destroy you.
In order to live your best life you should consider forgiving those who have wronged you-whether you’ve experienced rejection, ridicule, deception, or abuse-, and clearing out the mental clutter that comes from holding on to grudges and resentments. When you refuse to let go of hurts from your past, you’re keeping yourself imprisoned. In addition, the person whom you hurt the most by holding on to resentment and anger is yourself.
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, then I’d still be in prison." - Nelson Mandela
You go through life, you try to be nice to people, your struggle to resist the urge to punch ‘em in the face…and for what?!